Signs and portents
Spiritually dangerous, and otherwise.
- In the valley of the night. A large book found in Tessien as part of Workol’s library.
- Libri Mysteriorum. An ancient set of scrolls that describe our base understanding of the stars and their philosophy.
- Anima Astrologiae
- Centiloquium of the ancients
- Patterns and paths in the sky. A series of rough hand drawings depicting how the planets circle Nolomar and the seasons associated with their sightings. The book was used by acolytes to learn the position of the planets.
- By the light of Tyrn Nadix. A tract detailing the position of the polar star over a 20 year period from 500 to 520 TR. The tract is a massive table of dates, times and locations in degrees over Feniryn.
- On the heavenly spheres, A treatise on traditional astrology;the hard nucleus of the art. It explains the astrological system through its philosophical principles, without having to resort to concepts external to astrology. This book has collected the fundamentals of astrology that have been handed down by authors such as Alynn Saet, Staumn Ynem, Wynas Rilgofa, and Eäwynn Ohl, to name only a few.
*Albumasar (c.87 – 186): The Book of Flowers. Depicts pictures in the stars and alternate astrological systems. Translated from the Panhamonic with several possible variations provided.
- Pseudo-Ptolemy (author unknown, date prior to 128TR): The Centiloquy. The theory that the universe is divide by three pole stars, only one of which is visible from Harn. Translated from Azeryani.
- Hermes Trismegistus (author unknown, date prior to 262): The Centiloquy. A second paper on the same topic. Translated from Mafash.
- Bethen (probably written by Staumn Ynem, 148): The Centiloquy. A third paper on the same topic. Translated from Mafash.
- Almansor (1 century, Meokolis, Azeryan) The Propositions. A summary of the brightest stars (planets included).
- 12 scrolls of Tessien describe the location, including maps of a massive series of tunnels and a history of Tessien.
- Workol’s Grimoire A two volume set. With 8 locks on the books, these things require skill to study.
- Compendium of necromantic lore. A banned book detailing the creatures of myth and nightmare.
- Book of Alamire. Relative common.
- Worship of God. A book for priests.
- The Book of Armaments. A book for knights.