Signs and portents
A wedding to remember cheat sheet
The following is a quick guide to help you identify the characters relevant to this adventure.
- Erenold Bici. Master Bici is an overbearing ass that is full of himself. He is a merchant made wealthy by the new rules of trade and economy in Kanday, and likes to remind the Baron that he is the unofficial master of coin in Dunir. The marriage will make Master Bici that much richer. He currently “rents” the nearby small village of Konor (which is run by a reeve and under the control of the Baron).
- Licea Bici. The wife of Erenold Bici, she was the first daughter of a knight in the service of Baron Yuri Xelados.
- Saradane. She is the last surviving relative of Sir Rycarad Zormet and Licea; and the inheritor of Zormel; a village that is currently held by a bailiff for the Baron, until she comes of age.
- Sir Enal Burgusyn. Sir Enal holds Besagarn, the manor closest to Konor and within a few hours ride of Dunir. It is a profitable manor, and well suited for expansion. Sir Enal is known to like his drink and is very rough with his squires (especially his nephew who he finds to be a complete sop).
- Mistress Jinlelë. Sir Enal’s mistress. She served him well, and came to a cabin near Dunir when his squire came to fetch her from her village. Sir Enal saw to her financial needs, and in return she was loyal. It was a long standing agreement that, when Sir Enal married she would retire to the Peonian abbey and leper colony. She lives there now and seems genuinely happy.
- Squire Sanaar. Nephew of Sir Enal. He dresses richly and seems unworried about money matters.
- Squire Baltari. In love with Saradane, although he tries to deny it.
- Squire Rorirain. It was he who would fetch Mistress Jinlelë from her village and bring her to the cottage, often in the afternoon of the evening when Sir Enal would want company. Squire Rorirain never stayed the night at the cabin.